MEN CAME HOME FROM THE WAR AND HERE WE ARE!

The United States Census Bureau considers a baby boomer to be someone born during the demographic birth boom between 1946 and 1964.

AGED TO PERFECTION

AGED TO PERFECTION

MY TUNES


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, December 13, 2009

What is a woman to do?




Yep, it is that time of year when all the hidden away cookie sheets and recipe box is hidden way in the back of the cupboard so that we can ignore them for the year. The sweet tooth comes back and we just convince ourselves that ""IN THE UPCOMING NEW YEAR"" we will start back on some diet. I have been looking over what cookies, breads, candies I will do for this year and they all look so inviting...and soooooo very fattening. I decided on the family tradition of nut rolls and then I will add in some of the ones that I have not made for years.
Coconut Pecan Bars ~~ Raspberry strippers ~~ Biscotti~~
Irish Cream Fudge ~~Marshmallow Mud Bars ~~
Toffee ~~ Taffy ~~ Chocolate Snowballs ~~ Gumdrop Bars~~
Lemon Bar Cookies ~~ Oh Henry Cookie Bars........
Then I plan on making the Christmas tea that will probably last me until next year unless I can talk one of the kids into taking some home. I plan on making Adam some eggnog and I won't be tempted by it; because I just can't stand it.
I am assuming that the kids will have other plans this Christmas since they have plans with other relatives and their in-laws. I do plan on sending them packages of the goodies though.
I have some Secret Sisters that might just get some too and perhaps I will fill a goodie box for my sister and her husband. Her birthday is on the 29th. I am just in the mood for baking this year. For the past 5 years I couldn't because of an injury that kept me from lifting anything heavier than a coffee cup. Since te surgery I feel that I can handle trying it again this year. WHAT IS A WOMAN TO DO? Have I convinced myself that pigging out with all the goodies is OK because it is for the sake of the holidays??? OH yea! I am Ok with that...LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment