MEN CAME HOME FROM THE WAR AND HERE WE ARE!

The United States Census Bureau considers a baby boomer to be someone born during the demographic birth boom between 1946 and 1964.

AGED TO PERFECTION

AGED TO PERFECTION

MY TUNES


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, December 14, 2009

Cedar bolts for shingles


Cedar Bolts
OK so this is what we do for our living. Well my husband does and then I just tag along and do what I do best...save and use every scrap and piece. Why not? Waste not , want not!
He is such a perfectionist and he never sends out product unless it looks exactally like he would want something that he bought to be like; and that is why he is so wonderful...
However, he was throwing away a lot of shingles. So me being the dollar squeezer that I can be, started pulling them off the conveyer and stacking them. When he asked what I was going to do with "the garbage"; I smiled and said..."sell them for undergrade." Of course he smiled and then said.."that will never happen and it is a waste of time." Was I wounded? NOPE!
I bundled them and what was not even good enough to consider a #3 or #4, I made into kindling and burning bundles. After there was enough for a small pick-up load....I told him.."let's head to town." He loaded them and laughed. I loaded up the rescue puppies and took them in also so that I could find them homes.
After he unloaded the cedar bundles and me with the puppies, I told him that I would call him before the last one sold so that he could come and get me.
He hadn't been gone for more than 15 minutes and every bundle was sold. All 16 of them and I collected names for when more came.
How is that for a woman not knowing what she is talking about?
When he turned around to come and see if it really happened; he left this time with a smile and a pocket of cash!
I have been doing this now for 2 years and it is nice to see that all of his labors get rewarded. Of course a dinner out for me is nice too! I did work hard after all...LOL.
The bundles sell for $15.00 each and the kindling and wood packs go for $3.50 and $4.
I also sell cedar shavings by the garbage bag full for dog and cat bedding. I use tons of it for the dog kennels.
Nothing gets wasted at the mill.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Our husbands thought they were frugal until they married us penny-pinchers, nu?

    God gave us wisdom, and put us together with our spouses: they keep our feet on the ground, and we keep money in their pockets :-)

    ReplyDelete