MEN CAME HOME FROM THE WAR AND HERE WE ARE!

The United States Census Bureau considers a baby boomer to be someone born during the demographic birth boom between 1946 and 1964.

AGED TO PERFECTION

AGED TO PERFECTION

MY TUNES


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Death of a cell phone


Good Grief!

I was doing some laundry and I hate small loads; so I spied Jordan's coat laying there next to the dryer and whipped it into the sudsy water; went about my business ~~~ like sitting here at the computer.LOL.

I had my Granddaughter here so I had asked her to help me pull the clothes out of the dryer so I could unload the washer. Joking with her, I said "any money found out of my son's coat that was found was ours to keep and that will teach him not to clean out those pockets" we went on joking and laughing and then she pops up with "LOOK! And it is all mine." There she waves a $10.00 bill around. Still laughing I reach in for that blasted coat; and there it is. In HORROR I stand there looking like I just saw the worst thing in my life. I had washed Brittney's brand new cell phone. I didn't even want to touch it. I just stood there saying..."o no! O man!" Just looking at it like a moron until my husband finally came in there to see what all the "o no" was about. That was the end of our laughing over stealing my son's money that we thought we had scored on.

Actually we had no desire to really take his money.

Both Jordan and Brittney come strolling in from their trailor to see what they could grab and go ~~~dessert wise.

I guess I must have appeared to be standing there like the cat that still had the canary in my mouth because Jordan pops out with, "what's up?"

I look over at my Granddaugter ~~ that wonderful age of 10 ~~ and she starts laughing again. "Go ahead Grandma, tell Jordan what is up." Yep, " I was surely busted. Now you know how some people love the cells, so as dramatic as I could be I tell them to sit down. Now all eyeballs are on me including my husband as I spill out as fast as I can that I killed their beloved cell phone by washing it. Brittney looks like she went into shock and Jordan grabs the phone like he can some how ressurect the blasted thing.

I want to be the mother-in-law that I did not have. And this was not the way to do it!

Bless her little heart. She quietly says, " things just happen."

I wanted to cry.

She is such a nice and peaceful young woman.

Hoping that my apple pie would soothe their loss, I also offered ice cream.

I am forgiven, our Granddaughter went home, Jordan and Brittney are already deciding what color and model they want for the new phone and Adam and I are buying the new one tomorrow when we wander into town.


2 comments:

  1. Oh man! My nose is smarting because I want to cry too. You are trying so hard to please Jordan and Brittany. Things will turn around and work out...

    What new color and model are you bringing home to them tomorow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, good picture of the kids :-)

    ReplyDelete