MEN CAME HOME FROM THE WAR AND HERE WE ARE!

The United States Census Bureau considers a baby boomer to be someone born during the demographic birth boom between 1946 and 1964.

AGED TO PERFECTION

AGED TO PERFECTION

MY TUNES


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, January 10, 2010

TIME TO BUTCHER THE CANNIBALS

I couldn't figure out how the little bossy red hen had gotten out of her pen.....well, she never did. The bigger hens and the rooster ate her! I looked all over the pen to see if she had gotten hurt or died because she hadn't run to the fence and jumped at me or on me...so I knew something had happened to her. I didn't see her anywhere. Adam found her today....well, what was left of her. Then the beautiful colored feathered hen had her face pecked on.
WHAT IS THEIR PROBLEM???
I did finally figure out why they stopped laying eggs. I was giving them citrus...oranges, limes and all the stuff that they just loved. Well, our daughter is also raising chickens and she said that her book said that citrus will make them totally stop laying.....I learned something new!
That is it though if they are going to start eating each other. Time for the stew pot.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Poor thing. But chickens are meat eaters, and do eat each other when other meat is not available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well we lost the other beautiful one today. They pecked her face hard enough to do her in...beasts!

    ReplyDelete